Are the Pats back? Um, no.


 I can hear the world's smallest violin being played for me as I write this. Look, it sucks not to be the 20-year powerhouse New England Patriot dynasty of old.

We've had a few crappy years and it sucks.

I know having terrible seasons is part and parcel for many fans of respective teams across the country. But all dynasties fall, and it was great while it lasted. So for now move over on the bench, Washington, Arizona, Las Vegas, Seattle, Carolina, Atlanta, Jacksonville, Cincinnati, New York, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, Minnesota, Houston, and Tampa Bay. We want to sit down.

This year I have a little more hope than the last three. Are we a Super Bowl contender? Hell-to-the-no. Will we have a .500 season? Maybe. And I'd call that a win. Anything more and it'll be icing on the cake.

And don't @ me Cowboys fans. Go get a couple of folding chairs. You'll be sitting here with the rest of us watching the Super Bowl on February 9th, 2025.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hereafter

Sorry About That, Mom

Season of Learning