The torch is officially passed

 

It's gotta be weird to be an incumbent president, whose party celebrates for having done a great job during his first presidency, has to pass the torch to his vice president.
Such was the case at the Democratic National Convention's first night in Chicago.

"My fellow Democrats, my fellow Americans, nearly four years ago in winter, on the steps of the Capitol on a cold January day, I raised my right hand and I swore an oath to you and to God to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution, and to faithfully execute the office of the United States," the president said at the start of his 48-minute speech. "In front of me was a city surrounded by the National Guard. Behind me, a Capitol that two weeks before had been overrun by a violent mob."
He continued: "With a grateful heart, I stand before you now on this August night to report that democracy has prevailed. Democracy has delivered. And now democracy must be preserved."

Whatever you think of Biden is likely affiliated with your side of the aisle. I'll leave that to you to decide. What I opine is the elites did Joe dirty. They solidified to half our country that their concerns, while seemingly laughable to the left as fantasies, are indeed accurate. That the powers-that-be behind the scenes call the shots. 

What the left doesn't get about the right is 74 million people didn't vote for MAGA. Most voted against the what they perceive as an ultra leftist vision for our nation. And they'll do so again, even more now that they've seen a sitting American president can be pushed aside.

Kamala has renewed the left's enthusiasm. What's left to be seen is whether it translates to votes in November.

I'm glad Joe got a standing ovation on his way out the door.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hereafter

Sorry About That, Mom

Season of Learning