What I Learned At The Barbecue Grill

Boy I love me some barbecue. I love weekends dedicated to barbecue. Not only because of the food (which I love btw) but because there is something about cooking over an open fire that brings families and sometimes even communities together.
I often wonder (because I do that way too much) whether the camaraderie felt around an open fire is somehow genetically linked to our ancestors. It probably is. As most foodies know, the kitchen is the heart of most homes. And when you take the cooking to the next level out onto the patio or back yard, well then, it just becomes the soul of the home.
As you may know, I am all about getting the most out of each moment or at least trying. Thus, I encourage all my friends who enjoy my blog (or are kind enough to read it to humor me :) to take advantage of this weekend, and use that barbecue grill or pit to spend quality time with those who matter.
Finally, I hope you won't forget the reason for the holiday. I plan to toast to our men and women in uniform and to remember those who've given their lives so that we can enjoy our freedom. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Have PBD

The Hereafter

Facebook Dump- The Day After