The Case for Aurora

The news from Aurora has horrified us this week. When men do things like this, we are often left asking ourselves "why?" Tragedies like this remind us all just how fragile life is and how we truly do not know the date and time we breath our last breath.
I heard Anderson Cooper say that after every tragedy like this, the world remembers the name of the killer, but not the victims. He vowed to spend more time talking about the victims and I appreciate him for that. I'm not a fan of his necessarily, but I am appreciative he is taking that tactic and I hope he follows through with it.
It always amazes me how when one of these tragedies happen, the local community rallies around the victims' families, and when it is a tragedy of this proportion the community of support grows all the way to the nation and beyond.  I only wish it didn't take tragedies to make us act so "human." Wouldn't it be great if we were good to each other on a day-to-day basis?
If you have a moment today, please take an extra few seconds to hug your children. Say I Love You to your spouse or partner with a little more meaning. Say hello to that neighbor you see everyday and ignore.
The world may have some twisted people in it, and tragedies will happen from time to time, but when we act with love toward our fellow man we remind the crazies of this world that they will never break us. For if we lose our humanity, then we lose the only part of being human that really matters. And that, would be the most terrible tragedy of all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Have PBD

The Hereafter

Facebook Dump- The Day After