Christmas on Easter? A Matter of Faith.

First, for all my Christian friends who celebrate this day for religious reasons and also to my friends who celebrate it as a fun holiday to hand out Easter eggs to kids and spend some quality time with family, Happy Easter!
This will not be some religious discourse. This will be, however, a post on "faith."
The title says "Christmas on Easter? A Matter of Faith." The truth is, as many of you know, to the faithful Christian, the celebration of Jesus' life begins on the day we recognize his birth but doesn't end until the day we recognize and celebrate his resurrection, Easter.
It really is a stretch to logically believe any of this "mumbo jumbo." A guy is born, runs around performing miracles, tells people he is a god, people get jealous and find a way to put him to death, and then, least logical of all, he dies for all of our sins and is resurrected from the dead three days later. So why do so many people believe? Some of my more "enlightened" friends might say anyone who believes is just an idiot. Fair enough. Yet I submit, sincere believers of this and any religion have the most amazing gift we humans can have, the gift of "faith."
Faith is an amazing thing. Believing in something or someone so deeply that it becomes real to you, palpable, that is power. We're the only animals on this Earth to have it and I suggest we wouldn't be who or where we are today as a society or as individuals without it. As a matter of fact, I would tell you that if you haven't "believed" in something you couldn't see or touch, whether that be a person, or an emotion, or a desire, then you've probably lived a pretty meager life.
Friends, I'm not trying to point to reasons you should be like the religious. If you are then great, if not, just fine with me. What I am hoping is you use faith as a real strategy to succeed; to be the best you that you can be. Whether you believe in others, yourself, a deity, there is power in the belief alone. Today, I wish for you that whatever you believe in your heart, however you define yourself, that you too enjoy "believing" in something or someone worthy of your faith; especially if you believe in yourself.
As many of you know, I've got a "thing" for Christmas. As a Catholic I believe in the beautiful Christian story, but I also have a "thing" for the feeling of the season. There is such a spirit of brotherhood, of family, of hope, of childish wonder, of love. Who can't get behind that?
Oh yes friends, I believe. I believe in each and every one of you and whether I know you well or am an acquaintance, I follow the guidance I learned as a little boy from a guy named Jesus. Strip away religion and man's flawed ideologies and actions on his behalf, and what I got from him was "love." Love one another as I have loved you. Treat one another the way you would want to be treated. Love and embrace the children. Care for the sick and the poor. Reach out to and embrace the struggling for they are humans too. Finally and maybe the hardest thing to follow, to turn the other cheek and love your enemy.
My wish for you for this day is simply love and the fulfillment of your faith, in whatever you choose to place it in. Happy Easter friends. Remember, Christmas is only 269 days away :). In case you were wondering.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Have PBD

The Hereafter

Facebook Dump- The Day After