Too Easy



            In the Army there is a response we tend to give when asked to complete the easiest of tasks or the most difficult of missions; that response is “too easy”. Those two words might not seem like a big deal but I truly believe we can gain something from them if we choose to. Obviously not all situations are “too easy”. Having said that, I believe going into any situation with the right mentality is always better than the alternative.
So far, I figure for most of us 2010 has had its high points and its low points. The high points are easy to get through; it’s the low points that kick us in the rump. I submit if you take your challenges head-on with a can-do attitude you will succeed more times than not. It’s an easy lesson most of us learned when we were kids in school but one we tend to forget as we become adults. 
Children are not yet tarnished by the adult world which tells us all the things we can’t do long before it tells us the things we can. A child will believe in his or her heart they can fly, that they will be President of the United States, or famous or millionaires, whatever their goals. For the child, believing in those seemingly impossible dreams is easy; and why not? Haven't all those dreams been realized by someone already? Maybe they're not as impossible as we "adults" make them out to be.
One of my favorite motivational speakers is Zig Ziglar. He has a wonderful quote which says “positive thinking won’t let you do anything, but it will let you do “everything” better than negative thinking will”. When I was deployed to Afghanistan with my troops we were there for 15 months. That is a LONG time to be deployed and as human nature goes there were those days when my soldiers would question what they were doing there. On those days (and maybe to hear myself say it so I would hopefully find some motivation as well) I would remind my soldiers the day was going to happen whether they faced it with a bad attitude or a good attitude. I’d remind them a bad attitude sucks the life out of you and takes a whole lot more work than a good one. Was it false motivation at times? You bet. Was it better than the alternative? You better believe it.
So tomorrow, when you walk into your office, how about remembering how lucky you are to have a job and live in a country which allows you the freedom to succeed or fail on your own. Walk into that office with a can-do attitude and when your boss or colleague ask you to assist them with something, say the words “too easy, I got it” instead of giving them excuses as to why you can't. You’ll be amazed at the pleasant surprise on their faces.
Friends, this thing called life is an interesting journey. Open your minds to new ideas and when they come act on them. Believe in a positive attitude and if you have to, fake it. I promise you positivity is a reward unto itself and it pays dividends quickly. You won’t be faking it for long. Soon it will be real.
            As always, remember you’re a winner.  Life gives of you what you ask of it.  You just have to be bold enough to ask “big”. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Have PBD

The Hereafter

Facebook Dump- The Day After