Easter Sunday

Happy Easter everyone. Today is a day of celebration the world over. It is Christianity's most important day. It is the day Christians believe salvation manifested itself in the resurrection of a very special man. Quite a heavy concept. I have strong feelings about religion, in particular my faith. Yet this is not the forum for my thoughts on this topic.
What I do know is today in America, much like many of our holidays, Easter doesn't really mean much to the average person. I mean everyone is happy to have a day to enjoy with family and friends. Some people get Friday off and that is always a good thing. We cook out or eat in, have a couple of cold ones, and for an increasingly shrinking portion of the population, make a trip to our local church.
We tend to chide those "ignorant believers" more and more openly and in my opinion, strictly from a motivational perspective, miss the great opportunity for inspiration on this day.
Today is a day of new beginnings. It is set in a season of new beginnings, Spring. This is usually the time of year most of us start realizing with great alarm that summer is almost here and we won't be able to hide the layers of fat we've put on during the winter months in our sweaters and jackets much longer. Gyms start to refill back up after our New Years' Resolutionitis wore off back in February. It is a time when we are naturally compelled to get ourselves together. To kick it into gear. It is instinctive and goes back thousands of years to when the first of our kind were able to step outside their winter caves and gaze onto the bounty which lay before them.
My friends, today is another reminder to us that life is what we make it. We are where we are today in every way because of the decisions we've made. We can't change where we are with some magic wand. But we can be anything we want to be in the future dependent on the decision and choices we make right now.
Easter for me is a special day full of promise and purpose. I think about all the things I've accomplished so far this year and all the things I have failed to. I focus myself on goals and begin working on them one day at a time. You can too and you should. Success is all about goals, about having a direction and working towards it. About being bold enough to take life by the horns and taking what is yours.
The man who is the reason for today's holiday said it better than I ever could, more than 2,000 years ago on the side of a mountain, to a crowd which gathered to hear him speak. He said:

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. For every one that asks receives; and he that seeks finds; and to him that knocks it shall be opened.

I firmly believe in this. Life truly does give us what we ask of it, we just have to be willing to ask big, to dream big, to expect big. 95% of the population is unwilling to do this because they think it is stupid. Which is why 95% of the population hate their lives, their jobs, their relationships, their finances.
Believe, set goals, work towards them. Today is as good as any to start and maybe even a little better. Let's do this. I believe in you, you just have to believe in yourself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Have PBD

The Hereafter

Facebook Dump- The Day After